Thursday 13 November 2008

The Island of Mad Scientists --

-- continues to get really good reviews.

Here's one: http://medinger.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/the-mad-misadventures-of-emmaline-and-rubberbones/

another here:http://melissasbookreviews.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-11-10T06%3A24%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=5


This is great, since I think it's my best book yet.

Of course, even if I thought it was a pedestrian effort, barely adequate at best, I'd still want the great reviews :)

What I really want is for lots of actual kids to enjoy it. I'd like them to buy it, of course, since I have to buy groceries like everyone else, but I didn't start writing for kids so I could buy a Rools Royce.

Dam' lucky really for me, thenm since I am stilll driving the dented Mazda ---

2 comments:

Robin said...

My boys and I love your Emmaline and Rubberbones books. We just finished reading The Faceless Fiend tonight and they told me I HAVE to immediately buy book 3 so we can start reading it right away.

I thought you'd like to know that you have some serious fans (they are 10, 8, and 5). Any plans for future E and R books?

Israel C. Evans said...

My daughter and I loved The Faceless Fiend. She's only read a little bit of it, but I couldn't stop myself from reading ahead.

The cheerful chaos of your crazy characters is so charmingly punctuated by chortle-worthy chunks of gags, I'm definitely looking forward to getting the whole set.